Friday, March 26, 2010

At Least They Are Honest

Just when you think that you’ve finally got a class of freshmen settled down and they are working quietly, they go and do this...


Really? Come on. The kid scanned his hand. Does this look like an acceptable and appropriate use of technology to you? I have a program on my computer that allows me to monitor the students’ computers. I was able to take a screen shot of the hand and send it to his administrator. (But not without also saving a copy to my thumb drive so I could post it here!)

Initially I blamed it on the kid who was sitting at that computer. I heard my student teacher tell him to leave the scanner alone. Unbeknownst to me, he was scanning someone else's hand! A few minutes later, another student sitting nearer to me said “Oh look! She got your hand on the screen!” To which a different student replied “Oh yeah! Cool!!”

Me (to the kid I’d blamed in the email to the administrator): Wait. That wasn’t you?

The Real Culprit: No! That’s my hand!

At least it was a hand...

4 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

Kids...they never cease to amaze me!

Of course, just as I want to smack some of them, one of the good ones brings me a BLT omelet that he made in his culinary class.

I admit...I am obsessed with this job :)

caknitter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
caknitter said...

oops, gotta try this again...

lol...I agree, at least it was a hand and not a finger.

The Adventures of DJ and Katelyn said...

Hi
This is Tiffany, Lindsey's sister in law.
I just wanted to say you blog cracks me up. All I think about is Tony, my 16yr old and his friends. I can see and have heard them say and do the things you post.LOL.

Glad to see you posting again.
Hope you are doing well.
Take Care