Monday, January 11, 2010

Exam Week

Well, the end of the first semester is upon us. For many teachers, this means a new flock of high school students are entering their rooms for the remainder of the year. Ah, but not for me. I have my sweet freshmen all year long. Which gives me one more semester to try and convince a few of them what it means to be tardy.

For example - you have a doctor's appointment at 9:00. You get there at 9:10. You are ten minutes tardy, right?

Your favorite artist has a concert that starts at 10:00. You get there at 10:15, therefor missing the first 15 minutes of his songs. You are tardy, right?

The last tardy bell rings at 8:35 am every single morning for 1st period to begin. You show up at 8:45 virtually every morning. You've missed the first ten minutes of class, right? Therefor you are tardy. Right?

Wrong. For some reason simple logic does not apply to high school. The students in question always have the exact same answer:

But I just got here! How can I be tardy? I just got to school!

To which I reply....you have a doctor's appointment at 9:00.......like a broken record....

4 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

Hahaha...oh, the lil lovies :) I am SO excited to get back to them in just a day over two weeks!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

So glad you are back! I love all of your stories from school.

Allison Regan said...

How I have missed you!!! I am so happy you are back. Looking forward to more entertaing stories. xoxo, Hick

Barefoot in the Park said...

so glad you're back!