Sunday, January 24, 2010

What Not To Wear

1. A jet black eye brow pencil
2. Damp jeans
3. Two right boots

Or How To Run An Hour Late To A Baby Shower

1. Buy a new eyebrow pencil and apply it using the mirror in an old compact instead of the bathroom mirror.
2. Do not allow enough time to fully dry denim.
3. Let the worlds most distracted sales associate check you out from the shoe department at a department store

I may as well have used a black sharpie marker on my eyebrows. I had to get back in the shower to get it all off!

And the woman in the shoe department was way more concerned with getting someone over there to clean up a coffee spill than she was with ensuring I went home with a wearable, matching pair of shoes that included both a right and a left. Luckily I had a back up pair but this was a most unpleasant discovery given the fact that I'd had to take two showers and had just put on semi-damp jeans and the party had started and hour earlier.
I just returned the boots. And sure enough, the coffee stain is still there. I took a little immature pleasure in that!

0 comments: