Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Pirate's Booty

Thursday, just before lunch, one of my freshmen asked if he could use the restroom. It went a little something like this…

Student: (rather out of breath and freaked out after running back from the bathroom) Uh, Ms. L? Uh, what is a skeleton pirate doing in the bathroom?

Me: Honey, what are you talking about?

S: Ah, well? There is a skeleton pirate in the bathroom.

Me: Okay, like a drawing? Because I have no clue. Maybe someone drew it on the wall.

S: No. A skeleton pirate. On the toilet.

Me: Riiiggghhhhht. Like a sticker? Is there a poster hanging over the toilet?

S: (getting more and more worked up, louder and louder…) No! He’s sitting on the toilet! And it moved it’s hand.

I’m thinking this kid is really pulling my leg. And of course, other boys decide that now they really need to use the restroom.

Student 2: Ms L! Please! Can I go to the restroom?

Me: Okay. But only you! And you’d better come back and tell me if this is true.

90 seconds later……student 2 flies through the door, holding his stomach, laughing so hard he can barely talk.

S2: It’s true! It’s true! There is a skeleton pirate sitting on the toilet.

Now, of course EVERYONE needs to go to the bathroom. So, Student 3 begs to go, promising to come back with pictures. Luckily, one of the girls had a camera, so S3 grabs it and takes off.

2 minutes later…..student 3 flies through the door, holding his stomach, laughing so hard he can barely talk. And this is what he saw:


An actual skeleton pirate on the toilet. Hilarious. And then...

Student 1: (whispering) Ms. L? Can I please, please, please run back down there and get my picture made with the skeleton?

I tried to say “No, dear. We need to get back to work before the class ends.” But what accidentally came out was

Me: Wellllll…..okay. Make it quick.

I stuck my head out the door to make sure he was moving quickly and I saw one of our assistant principals. I thought he was coming up to check on the skeleton pirate so I asked him about it. He had no clue what I was talking about.

About that time, Student 1 comes scurrying out of the bathroom carrying the skeleton pirate. Apparently, the custodian had walked in to the bathroom in the middle of Student 1’s photo shoot and had gotten so badly shocked by the skeleton pirate on the toilet that she started screaming! She removed it and put it in the hall. The whole series of events was captured on camera, leaving the assistant principal laughing so hard he was crying in the hall way. I told him that if they decide to search the security cameras to find out who did it, they need to give him a big high five when they talk to him, because that was one well planned out prank.






You're not so scary when you aren't hiding in a bathroom stall, are you, Shorty?


The thing is motion activated, so that’s why it was moving when the students passed it! But it’s batteries were dying so by the time we go to it, only his arm moved a little bit!

And of course, I just couldn’t resist!

4 comments:

Micah said...

hil-a-r-ious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

That cracked me up! Much better than what the boys used to want to go look at in the bathroom when I was in high school.

caknitter said...

Ah man, this is priceless! This made me laugh so hard.

Margaret said...

HILARIOUS!!! Ben and I both died laughing when I read this out loud to him. Love it!!! :)