Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

I love a good survey! My sweet blogging friend LuvRedandWhite tagged me in a post on her blog! So here are my responses!

8 TV Shows I Like to Watch

1. Days of Our Lives
2. The Hills (though I haven't seen it this season)
3. Dateline NBC
4. The Today Show
5. Survivor
6. The Bachelor/ette (looking forward to Ali!!)
7. What Not To Wear
8. Extreme Makeover Home Edition


8 Favorite Places to Eat and Drink
1. Inakaya (sushi)
2. Taco Bell
3. San Jose (mexican)
4. the Publix deli!
5. Taco Bell (ha!)
6. Legal Seafood in Boston (though I've only been twice!! I want to go back!)
7. Miyos
8. The Alehouse

8 Things I Look Forward To
1. Summer!
2. Visiting my sister in Hawaii once she moves there
3. Planning a wedding with the Admin
4. Going to Edisto with my friends for Memorial Day
5. Finishing my PhD
6. my sister's wedding
7. winning the lottery
8. selling my house and being able to save a ton of money


8 Things that Happened to me Yesterday
1. had a great workout with the trainer at the gym
2. got mad because my gym partner beat me there
3. ate a great dinner with the Admin and his two kids
4. went to bed too late
5. attempted to convince students that Romeo and Juliet is fun!
6. made a great lesson plan for today (hence the going to bed too late)
7. opted to not iron my clothes for school (because I was going to bed too late!)
8. had a wonderful night of sleep


8 Thinks I Like About Winter
1. Christmas
2. snow skiing
3. wood burning fires
4. sleeping with the windows open and needing an extra blanket in the middle of the night!
5. Scarves!
6. Christmas break
7. cold weather (for a little while)
8. my dad's chili


8 Things I am Passionate About
1. keeping my word
2. family and friends
3. my students
4. literacy
5. my education
6. my career (being the best I can be at it)
7. spending quality time with people I care about
8. living a full life


Words or Phrases I Use Often
1. Dang or Dang, y'all
2. Holy Cow
3. What do you think? (said in response to a freshman when they ask a crazy question)
4. You've got to be kidding me (same thing as #3!)
5. the bomb
6. my friend
7. dear or honey or babe (also used with my sweet freshmen)
8. I love you


8 Things I Have Learned From the Past
1. Don't hold grudges.
2. Never do anything that would lead people to believe that you acted like a jerk.
3. Good things really do happen to those who wait!
4. Don't sweat the small stuff.
5. Call your mom every day!
6. Never settle.
7. Be proud of yourself or work hard so you can be proud of yourself.
8. Always remember that there is much more to a person (or a freshman) than meets the eye.


8 Places I Would Like to Visit/See
1. Seattle
2. Greece
3. Hawaii
4. Japan
5. Africa
6. Belize
7. St. Lucia
8. Fiji

8 Things I Currently Want/Need
1. get skinny
2. 100% pass rate on the End of Course Exams
3. $1,000,000 (or more!)
4. my house to sell, or rent!
5. a maid
6. someone to grade my papers
7. a vacation!
8. summer to hurry up and get here and then slow down!

8 Bloggers I'm Taggin
1. The Boys and Me
2. Maters and Melons
3. So Happily Us!
4. Stand By Me
5. More Fun Than One Family Should Have
6. Pink, Green, and Southern
7. Anne Says So
8. Blogging From Guam

2 comments:

LuvRedandWhite said...

Thanks for playing! So happy for you and Admin ;)

caknitter said...

Oh my gosh, you're engaged to the Admin! Congratulations!!
BTW, The Bachelor/Bachelorette is my guilty pleasure show.